Wednesday, May 14, 2014

At the Market:: Rhubarb

Blogging Over Thyme: Rhubarb Meringue Cups 

I am excited to bring you a new column here today called At The Market where I will highlight seasonal fruits and vegetables that are gracing the local fresh markets and delicious recipes to accompany each find.  I will be baking/cooking as well as finding inspiration from some of the best food sites around.  Today I am excited to start out with rhubarb, the pink-tinged vegetable that is especially delicious in a pie or made into a jam.  Rhubarb is now available at farmer's markets and grocery stores.



7 comments:

  1. I love a good rhubard pie but they're hard to get right! I must try these other recipes :)
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever tried Rhubarb... It sure does look good though!

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE rhubarb–especially in desserts! I actually have one going up next week...those meringue cups are so fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE rhubarb–especially in desserts! I actually have one going up next week...those meringue cups are so fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never made anything with rhubarb at home, but maybe that'll change this summer - that tart looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything in meringue....and especially the cups...so beautiful and easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this kind of pavlova meringue with rhubarb ...! It looks divine!
    And I love rhubarb, can you believe that I tasted it for the first time last year? I don't know why but it never attracted me so I never dared to taste before... a shame!

    ReplyDelete