Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Petal by Petal:: 'Pink Ice' Protea

Natures beautiful and diverse color palette constantly serves as a major source of my inspiration. Now that spring is here and the flowers and trees are beginning to bloom, I feel in a sense that life begins again, all of the color just awakens me!  While winter is upon us, I take to the flower district for my color fix, hence why I was immediately drawn to the 'Pink Ice' Protea, a gorgeous pre-historic looking flower with a cooling pink hue that is just stunning.  They are one of the oldest flowers known and their structure is something at which to marvel.  From doing my research every single protea is not a single flower, but rather a grouping of flowers surrounded by long broader petals called bracts.  The center of the protea is incredibly soft, it practically feels like cashmere.  




Where to Buy: Various wholesalers in the New York Flower District, here or here
*Photography & Styling by Alison 

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful flower and gorgeous photos... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! Such a unique flower - never seen anything like it.

    The Style Scribe

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful post!! love it amazing pics!!

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! The color is so bright and happy. I saw some today at the supermarket and almost got some but walked away with ranunculus and carnations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning photos! I'll be on the lookout for this flower on my next trip to the market. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photographs capture perfection and bliss.

    ReplyDelete