Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pistachio & Lime Tea Cakes

As I continue to bake and bake (and bake and bake) I am constantly discovering new pairings that have made me wonder what took me so long to realize that they belong together. I recently mentioned here about combining strawberries with balsamic, but today I have another new discovery for you, pistachios and lime make for a delicious combination.  I discovered this match made in heaven through my favorite Australian cooking magazine, Donna Hay (if you haven't browsed her website, I recommend you do it asap!) where in a recent issue she devoted a portion to flour-free desserts. My love for Donna Hay, the photography and recipes runs very deep, I also made another recipe here.  I decided to make an adaptation of her Pistachio and Lime Cake and was quite literally swept off my feet.  The nuttiness of the almond and pistachio flour create a terrific texture while the lime zest adds a bit of floral-sweetness to the dessert.  The only thing that you will need with these tea cakes is a piping hot cup of tea or an espresso.  Continue fore more...


*Photography and Styling by Alison

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! and they look so delicious. perfect for a tea party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the taste of pistachio but I've never thought to combine it with lime (usually chocolate!). This sounds like a yummy duo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the taste of pistachio but I've never thought to combine it with lime (usually chocolate!). This sounds like a yummy duo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks beyond good. Seriously, will you consider coming over and giving me some baking lessons?! xxx
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to try these with tea ...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so great with cooking, it looks very tasty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! And love the pistacchio color of this yummy cakes inside ...
    They look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pics and I'll eat anything pistachio flavored. yum yum. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha you know what Martha does, she puts a little basil in whipped cream to serve with strawberries.

    Ali of Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh sounds so yummy! these photos make me want to have a tea party :)

    & Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks delicious!! Your photos and recipes of food always make me wish I knew how to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, looks so delicious. And beautiful pictures too!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, gorgeous photos!! And not to mention, those adorable tea cakes! Looks like the perfect afternoon snack. :) I've actually never tried anything with pistachio and lime, but I do LOVE pairing strawberries and balsamic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photography! and the pairing sounds delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete