Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Guest Post MadeByGirl:: Blueberry Crisp with Oatmeal Crumble

I am very excited because today I bring you my new site! This has been a long time coming and I couldn't be happier with the results! I worked with the wonderful Victoria of Vivaleur and the blog vmac + cheese and I think the result really captures the essence of the blog.  

On another note, I am guest posting over on MadeByGirl sharing a summer dessert recipe for Blueberry Crisp with Oatmeal Crumble.  Head on over to check it out or continue for more!

Blueberry Crisp with Oatmeal Crumb Topping
Filling:
1 1/2 pints fresh blueberries
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar*
1 teaspoon corn starch
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
pinch of salt

Crumb Topping:
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and diced
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg

Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees .Gather four ramekins and place on a baking sheet. Combine blueberries, sugar, corn starch, lemon juice and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl, stir to combine.  Set aside. In another bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, sugar and spices, whisk together.  Using a pastry cutter, add the butter and mix until combined, mixture should stay together when squeezed into your palm.  For assembly, place blueberries into ramekin and add a generous amount of crumb toping.  Bake for 20 minutes or until topping has browned.  Serve warm or cold. 
*Photographs by Alison 
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart 

13 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Congrats!! OMG I adore it!! So, so fabulous...Alison many congrats! And this recipe looks yummy. Will save it for when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new website, as I've told you yet is just gorgeous! Yum for the recipe, going to check it out now!:) Kisses dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the new look...Victoria did an amazing job, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new design (Victoria is the absolute best!) and that blueberry crisp has my stomach grumbling. YUM!
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah I noticed the masthead yesterday. The new design looks great!!

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! I'm craving something sweet now :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOooo woooo!! The blog looks GORGEOUS!!! You are on a blogging roll! A new site and posting on MBG?!?!? Great job to you and Victoria on the new design. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOODNESS! I love love LOVE the new look! Congrats on MBG too, you're killing the game girlfriend!

    xx,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE the new look!! It's so perfect for you - Victoria is amazing! I'm drooling over this recipe now too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the blog redesign!!! It looks amazing! And your blueberry crisp looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete