Friday, October 26, 2012

Fall Beauty:: Defined Brows and a Matte Red Lip

The makeup at the Spring 2013 runway shows was nothing short of beautiful. One of my favorites was the look at Jason Wu where matte skin was paired with highly defined brows, contoured cheeks, stained red lips and mile-long lashes tinted black.  Even though this was a look for spring, this can definitely translate very well into a fall/holiday look.  

The key here is to have a blank canvas to work with, which is why prepping with a moisturizer, primer and finishing with foundation will help you achieve a flawless finish.  The second step is to define and accentuate. Here, the brows and the lips are the main focal points, as they are finely traced and filled in with pencils.  Finally this look is finished with a matte red lip, cheeks that are highly contoured with a matte bronzer and a neutral brown eye shadow.  Do you like this look, or do you prefer to only highlight one area with makeup?

Fresh Soy Face Cream
Givenchy Mister Mat Matting Foundation Primer
Nars Sheer Matte Foundation 
Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil
Dior Celebration Collection Eye Palette
Diorshow Iconic Mascara
Stila Long Wear Lip Liner
Nars Pure Matte Lipstick
Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder

On another note:  You all know that I love food, fashion and interiors, but one thing that you probably didn't know about me is that I am a beauty junkie. I haven't shared too much information about my professional background or one of my true passions, but beauty has been 'it' since I was about fifteen.  Beauty is the reason that I went to college in New York and the reason I moved back after continuing college in South Carolina.   I had two beauty editorial internships at two national magazines during college and have since worked at three large beauty companies.  However, up until recently I wasn't allowed to write about anything relating to beauty. My situation has changed and I am so happy that now I can!  I plan on sharing with you on a weekly basis products that I cannot live without or the newest launches that have caught my eye, so stay tuned!


Image from style.com

12 comments:

  1. Anything Cara wears for the fashion shows ends up looking so effortless and flawless, it doesn't take much more to convince me. I actually admired this look too on the runways, and I love the bold lips paired with the highly defined brows, looks timeless.

    So great you can finally share your tips and views on beauty now. It's exciting!

    Have a great weekend Alison!
    xx

    www.oteea-land.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting!!! A non-compete huh?? Ok, so please, please whenever we get together will you give me a make-up lesson??!! I'm terrible and am in dire need of learning! I'm so excited to read about all the beauty products and tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, I look forward to your beauty posts!! I think I've always loved the matte look because it is something that I can never pull off. My skin is too oily, yet too flaky for it, but it's so beautiful on other people.

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even I'm totally in love with the defined brows trend and I'm so into it now.
    But red lips, I love it, but I cant wear it often!!! :)
    Great blog. Glad I came across your blog. Do drop by mine too! :)
    FASHION PANACHE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read about beauty from you, that is definitely one area I could use more help in! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the look on the left!:)
    xx Kate

    http://style-department.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. J'adore this look...especially the glam lip!

    ReplyDelete