Sunday, January 22, 2012

Roasted Garlic and Ricotta Tart

Typically I prefer a tart when it is in its sweet form; however, when I discovered this recipe it made me ask myself why I don't prefer its savory counterpart.  This tart was quite delightful thanks to the tang of the ricotta mixture, the sweetness of the roasted grape tomatoes and the flaky crust. This makes a great light lunch or dinner when paired with a winter citrus salad.  
 (The essentials - ricotta cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano and grape tomatoes)

(The warm tart paired with a light winter citrus salad consisting of ruby red grapefruit, tangelos and fennel)


A Few Things: I opted to use homemade crust, which I find is always better than store bought;  I used my favorite Pate Brisee recipe from Martha Stewart.  I also incorporated homemade ricotta cheese, courtesy of Caputo's here in Brooklyn - I have already mentioned that I am quite smitten with this airy and creamy delicacy.  Finally, investing in aged Parmigiano-Reggiano really adds depth and a shaving or two is quite necessary to finish off this dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment